We are building a tech conference that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness.
Catskills Conf is providing an inclusive, diverse environment that invites participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, economic levels, and sexual orientations. This conference is founded on principles of mutual respect and encouragement born from the belief that voices from all walks of life must be heard in order to create a balanced society. It is our goal to make our community diverse: whoever you are, and whatever your background, we welcome you. We welcome and encourage participation by everyone!
How are we promoting diversity at Catskills Conf?
We are supporting an inclusive environment in technology and actively seeking to increase the diversity of our attendees, speakers, and sponsors in the following ways:
- 40% of our speakers are from underrepresented groups in technology fields.
- At least one of our speakers is talking about the issue of diversity in technology as the core focus of their presentation.
- We are providing the highest possible number of diversity scholarships that we can afford and find sponsors for. Diversity scholarships include tickets, a bed in one of our shared long houses, and transportation by bus from NYC or a travel stipend if coming from another part of the country.
- We are holding Catskills Conf at The Ashokan Center. This unique property has been providing environmental educational programming for school groups from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds since 1967. The Askokan Center makes STEM education in the natural setting fun and exciting and some students experience nature for the first time on their 375 acres. We believe in this mission and we aim to support and extend it with Catskills Conf.
- We have established the following code of conduct which we expect all attendees and participants in Catskills Conf to follow in order to ensure a comfortable and nurturing educational environment.
This is your conference!
Diversity and inclusion is an ongoing conversation and commitment. We are talking to as many innovators, experts, and organizations as possible about this goal and about ways they can help us to achieve it. If you feel that you can contribute to this conversation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.